Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Farewell

Today's the day is say goodbye
The day when i tell others not to cry.

I've been here a long time now
I've got to learn to let go somehow.

I stand here, on the spike of truth.
Wondering how i got wisdom from a baby tooth.

I wonder,
With a sigh
why it takes a minute to say hello
and forever to say goodbye.

I have so many memories to gaurd
And how lucky am i to have something

that makes saying goodbye so hard?

Thank you for everything you have given me DAV.

9 comments:

Nithya said...

sigh..I'm welling up again..from the heart poetry is my favorite kind..keep it going..luv ya

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

hmmm :)

c said...

its amazing how the most random unrelated things connect to say u understand when thats not even what you were talking about and it was lost in contemplation raising questions i coudltn figure out. but hey on the good side- welcome college.. new lots... and sigh dont grow up too fast okay child?
well it only adds up to more memories and smiles;-) gud luck wit ur admissions kiddo.;-)

alx said...

school days r good,college s e1 bettr....

Unknown said...

WOW....

The power of your poem lies in those two lines
"why it takes a minute to say hello
and forever to say goodbye"..
Awesome...
Sriram

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

Thanks Uncle =)

Vijay Pranav said...

touching poem, It took me back to the last day of my school life, Thanks for writing such an nice poem.

Indian Economy said...

The Indian Economy is one of the largest growing world economy. Indian Economy is important from the point of view of all competitive exams. Read latest articles and important topics about Indian economy

Here you Get More Information About Indian economy

Unknown said...

Halfmantr.com provides free online coaching for aspirants of Civil Services exam. Read articles on current affairs, polity, history, geography, National Issues, International Issues etc.
Here you Get More Information Civil services Examination