Friday, March 07, 2008

toothaches and applesauce

The times of toothaches
Are over and done with

It’s time for heartaches

The smell of new books
And the anxiety in getting canvas shoes
Are over and done with

It’s time for sniffing perfumes,
Partying in delight

The love for meeting people online
And connecting, was a pressing hobby
Of the past

Now I detest coming near the old box

Things of the past leave me a mixed bag of emotions

I don’t know if it’d be plum if I continued the same way
Or change myself a tad bit, to view, and let others view
Me in a different perspective

I hate the fact that things change
And keep on doing so
Without giving a warning,
A couldn’t -care -less attitude

I wish things changed for the better
For a better me,
For a better world.

So that my childhood memoirs don’t
Camouflage my current state of mind
Or don’t remain completely oblivious to my present actions

4 comments:

supernova said...

Woah! it's a small one but anyone cud relate to it bigtime. i noe v r all goin through some kind of emotional evolution categorically calling those childhood habits anddispositions as ' things of the past'.

u're shit good :)

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

Yeah, somehow i hear the same thing being said again n again , so just forced me to write it :)

thanks, and your too good

Prarthana Ravishankar said...

Neat!!

Janhavi said...

very verryyy true.. cant agree more..