Wednesday, May 24, 2006

An Innings Outta Mah Life

Every willow’s work is assessed
The willow’s relationship with a cork ball is scrutinized
One man is selected
Who, when he plays the game, is possessed

Every spectator in this country is a player
When he sees the game
Each thinks he knows the best when it comes to cricket
Even the history of the wicket

I well am a different kind
More of a predictor cum watcher of this game
Am an admirer of the determination, the passion,
The celebration when an opponent’s wicket falls …all in a vision


My no-nails-after-every-series syndrome
Explains my love for the game
My blood pressure is low aka mundane
But my love for the game makes it insane

All these years of seeing the game
Might make me an expert at facts and events out of the players’ lives
Like when shoib swore at sachin or that rahul has got a doctor as his wife
But telling the truth …I can’t play the game to save my life!

No comments: